Work with Us
Join the Library team! We make a difference as we connect with people, help them find what they are looking for, and make their day as they pursue their highest potential and make their dreams come true! Get more information on current opportunities below.
Volunteer as a bookstore attendant, book finder & shelver, working coach, book sorter, facility or gardening helper or another area that suits you best. We need you to help us make dreams come true! Interested in volunteering with us? Please complete the first page of the application form.
Volunteer & Employee Requirements
Most positions require criminal background and child abuse fingerprint background checks. Many positions have additional requirements that depend on type of service and location of service. Please see individual descriptions for more information.
Ways to Get Involved
- Returning Books (shelving/retrieval)
- Volunteer with us and find books people have requested. This position may also re-shelve books people have returned. Keeping our books on the shelves is a vital part of them being available for people to borrow! Get more information about volunteering.
- Many people need to be fingerprinted to do work in a school, get their position in the nursing field, or become a foster parent. You could help them cross this requirement off their list, so they can be one step closer to achieving their goals. Please check current opportunities for service for more information.
- Do you love people? Do you love coffee and tea? You could be a perfect fit as part of our World Café team. This team connects with the public, crafts specialty beverages, and helps fulfill the big vision of the World Café program. Check out our current opportunities for service.
- Book Sorting
- Learn how to qualify books and other items for the Friends of the Library bookstore, book sale or one of our online resellers. Join this volunteer band of Library supporters to sort, process and resell donated materials to support Library operations and make new Friends!
- Board Service
- The Library is governed by a Board of Trustees. These folks have a legal set of responsibilities that include duties of care, loyalty and obedience. Additionally, each person fills a specialized need in the board matrix. Click to find out more information about board service and how to submit a letter of interest.
Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you work well with other people and on your own? Do you like variety in what you do? Are you looking to work 16 – 30 hours a week? The Library could be a great fit for you. Stop by and complete an application or download one, follow the directions and submit it by email. We’d love to hear from you!
The Library has a variety of volunteer positions starting at just 2 hours per week. If you are interested in current opportunities, or you know the role you would like, please complete the first page of the application and be sure to let us know what type of volunteer service interests you most.
Investing in Library services with your time and financial resources is a great way to ensure Library programs, materials and services continue to be available to everyone in our community.
Want to help support our mission & vision?
Elizabethtown Coffee Company
Responsibly sourced coffee beans roasted on site at the Library and served by the cup or pound. Rich teas and soothing tisanes are also on our menu. Enjoy our café favorites throughout the Library. All proceeds go directly to benefit Library programs and services.